Monday, January 29, 2007

3rd injection - IV

Hello everyone. Had a great day today. I am feeling much better and had a great therapy session. Everyday it feels like I am trying to use my abdominal muscles more and more during rehab and even while I am just sitting in my chair. After therapy, I came back upstairs for a foot and leg massage and while sitting there on the couch relaxing afterwards I looked down at my feet which were propped up in the air and I thought to myself " I wonder?" With everything I had I tried it and it worked. My big toe twitched. Had to be a fluke. Try again. It worked. Other foot. It worked too. Now mind you, it is not a wiggle or even barely noticeable, but it is there. I called dad over to show him and he smiled so big. I literally wore myself out after about four tries so I am waiting until tomorrow after I have rested to see if it will happen again. I had my IV treatment shortly after that and feel great. Dad and I got out and went to KFC tonight. I have to say that it is just as good as back home and it is more popular here than McD's. That's about it for now so I guess that I will go stretch out. Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Tressa said...

OMGOSH!!!! That is awesome....I had a friend that had his c3 and c4 severed he was paralyzed from the neck down. The doctors said that he would never be able to move or feel anything from the neck down. His central nervous system was also not responding. BTW...To make a long story short...His mother saw his big toe twitch one day and that day she said no way the doctors are wrong..She picked her 23 year old son up by his arms and walked up and down the halls kicking his legs as she walked to get his body to respond some how. Then like you he felt sensations on his skin and was able to move his toes and on and on over a two year period....She never gave up and she and her husband took turns with their own created at home therapy. Well it really paid off. They were completely worn out every day but hope kept the dream alive. He now can walk and move his arms. Not smooth or graceful at all, but with a few falls every now and then. He still can't drive or write clearly but he can do many other things that the doctors said he would never do. So when I read your blog today about your toe was twitching I know In my heart and with all my being that this is a major milestone for bigger things to come. Keep up the great work chuck...There are only a few people in the world that have the inner drive and will to push yourself as you do....I really admire that...You are awesome and one of my true life inspirations. I am so excited to read all your upcoming improvements and successes . Thanks for taking out time everyday to keep us informed. Your blog has really changed the way I go through my day. Every morning I wake up I sit the kids down for breakfast and I check your blog just hoping you have made another entry. BTW a lot of us (like the Bransons have myspace pages...You can go to my profile and access our web pages. My page is http://www.myspace.com/tressamay29
check it out if you ever get any free time. It is pretty cool! Well bye for now and be blessed. Tress.

Charlie said...

Chuck, I am so excited for you!! As soon as I read your blog, I called your mom at work to see if she had heard the news and also called mom (your nana) to let her know too! I'm sure your dad had a big smile on his face when he watched you move your toe!! Okay, gotta get back to work, take care, and I'm checking your site daily!!

Charlie (GO COLT'S)

Paula Smith said...

Chuck,

Hi! It's Paula....Kelly's friend from highschool. She called and told me about the exciting news and I wanted to give you my best!!! I hope this new adventure will help you in every way your heart desires.
I will continue to check your site to stay up to date on your progress!!

Take Care!
Paula Smith

Todd said...

Chuck, great to hear the news about all the good things that are going on. I told a young man at a restaurant the other night about you and what was going on with you he is very interested in getting more info. He has full use of his arms but nothing from thr waist down. He was injured in a car wreck three years ago.By the way I work with your dad.
GOOD LUCK, TODD

Joelle said...

I am so glad you are doing good and I am very proud of you. We love you and will keep praying for you. Stay strong and Thanks for keeping in touch. :) All of our love, Jimmy, Joelle, Tait, and Tori.

P.S. Feb 1st is Tait's 16th birthday. Can you believe it?