Monday, January 22, 2007

Daily events

Hello everyone. I thought I would take a few minutes to give you a summary of my daily events. Wake up at around 5 a.m. to get showered and dressed then somewhere around 7 a.m. will leave the room to come down to the computer room to see if I can get on the internet (which by the way is very hard since they had an earthquake near Taiwan before we got here and has caused major problems with the internet service so I apologize if it takes me three or four days to get logged on and leave a new post) and to talk with the nurses who are getting a good laugh while they try to teach me some Chinese. I have therapy six days a week that starts at 9 a.m. with a 30 minute round of acupuncture in my legs followed by a 30 minute session of electronic stimulation of the muscles in my legs ( which is about the same as what I do in St. Louis). From there I get a Chinese massage on my legs for 20 minutes followed up by a 30 -40 minute stand in their standing frame. Sometimes they will have you pitch a soft foam basketball around while standing to help strengthen your stomach muscles. Then we get to break for lunch and resume therapy at 2 p.m. This starts with another 30 minute round of muscle stimulation followed by a series of extreme therapy that includes different sitting balances such as sitting with no back support and holding my arms out at shoulder level and twising from side to side. Then I must hold them up and hold my balance while my therapist (whose favorite words are Try Harder!)tries to push me over. Then we pass the basketball around again while I am sitting there. All of this lasts for an hour then I go stand up for thirty minutes followed by a 20 to 30 minute workout of lifting weights. So that pretty much sums up my day. I have my second injection this afternoon so I need to get going because they tell you not to eat starting six hours before your injection and for six hours after your injection so I need to go stock up like a bear getting ready for hibernation so I will be back on as soon as I can with some updates and pictures. Oops, I almost forgot to let you know that there was a reporter here from Business Week magazine last night and he interviewed several of us and said the article should be coming out in the next 2-4 weeks. I think that is it for now so I need to go eat. Thank you everyone for your prayers because they are truly uplifting. Talk to you later.

3 comments:

candice said...

Hey guys, hope all is well today! Everything is okay here except the fact the people at the auto store wouldnt put the lights in the van so now we have to get someone else to do it but thats okay! I hope your treatment goes well today! We love you and we will talk to you guys soon! love candice mom and kobe

Unknown said...

Chuck,
hey! just thought i'd let you know that we are all praying for you. your church family erupted in applause as i relayed that kelly was praising God for B.O. When kelly told me that you were sweating...she was beaming. Kelly and the kids looked great Sunday. We'll keep an eye on them for you. You concentrate on your treatment... "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding noone can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary they will walk and not be faint." Is. 40:28-31. Trust and stay strong in your faith

Unknown said...

Chuckinator,

Hope all is going well! Sheri and I and the whole TEAM are praying for you! May God bless you in your treatments.

Scott