Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Hello everyone. Another good day today. The therapist has once again changed the rehab regiment to help me to continue to push myself as hard as I can everday. He had me sitting on the edge of the mat with my feet on the floor holding a .5kg stick ( I know it isn't much ) with my arms straight out in front of me and lift it over my head, repeatedly. Had I tried this two weeks ago I would have fell over and not been able to stop myself, but today I held up strong. By the end of the workout, I can feel every abdominal muscle that I have burning which is awesome considering I have not been able to use the muscles this much since my accident. The sweating is still the same and the toe twitching is still happening. I concentrate on it several times a day and although it doesn't happen every time just yet, I can tell the difference between me doing it and the muscle having a spasm causing the toe to move.
I wanted to let everyone know that you need to go and get a Business Week magazine that is out now and check out the article on the stemcell refugees. Last injection is tomorrow so I will get an update back on as soon as I can. Well I need to get going because dad is performing wheelchair maintenence for someone and needs some assistance. Talk to everyone later.

4 comments:

rredbeard said...

I am so proud of you both. god told me you would be fine as i have told you often. with faith and prayer everything is possible. i am so glad your dad is there to help with the other patients and their famlies. i don't think i could have worked on fixing w/c's and such. will be glad when you guys are home. not much longer. tomorrow candice and i will be going out with umw to eat at red lobster. kobe will be going to his daddy. finally got the papers signed!!!! well i am rearranging the livingroom. talk to you later. love mom

Rachel said...

Hi Chuck
Great to hear you are doing so well, keep those ab muscles burning

Rachel

Joelle said...

Hi!! Chuck. I just wanted you to know I am proud of you and look forward to you getting home to your family. I know they miss you. Your progress is great! but by no means over. Keep up the hard work. Our prayers are with you. God Bless, Joelle and family

oranetta said...

GREAT !!!!someday, i see you standing in front of congress,so the U.S. will finally realize to let this go on here!you are truely an inspration!