Thursday, February 8, 2007

Hello everyone. Well the final injection went just as smoothly as the others so we will finish up with a weeks worth of rehab before we come home. I believe that my body is beginning to regulate its temperature better because I am not feeling cold all the time now and I am not needing to wear two or three shirts to try and stay warm once the temperature dips below 70 degrees. I could not be happier with the blessings that I have received so far because I know they are truly gifts from God and that anything is possible through him. I also want to take a minute to tell you about a man who has been such a special part of my life even when I did not realize it - my dad Rick Melton. He truly wears his heart on his sleeve because he is always willing to help someone when he can and is amazing in a crisis situation. Just to let you know too, that our relationship may have not always been the closest over the years, but I can definitley say that was my fault. The good Lord knows that I tried his patience on more than one occasion (which is probably why the man don't have much hair left), but he has never stopped loving me. Although there were times when I thought he was being to strict with me I know that he was only looking out for me to keep me safe. I thank God everyday for him being here with me. To my friend, my father, my hero - I love you.
There are others I want to talk about as well, but the doctors are wanting to talk with me so I must go. I will talk with everybody soon.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

The FINAL INJECTION!! I'm sure you are ready to come home! Sounds like you are progressing more and more each day. I'll be glad to have you home again too!! Even though I don't see you much, I'll be glad to have you home! I agree with ya about your daddy! Rick ROCKS!!! He's more like a brother to me than just a brother-in-law!! Dominique will be contacting you soon after you come home, she is doing a research paper on stem cell procedures and wants to interview you. Talk to you later!

Charlie

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!!

chuck said...

Last one, hooray!! Things are going well here. We are on the downhill slope noe-coasting until your return. I think Magger from the farm will need a vacation after having Allison five days a week for five weeks. She says she's fine, but you and I know better. Mom has been a huge help in every way. I don't know what I would have done without her this whole time. She picks up the kids every day from the babysitters and brings them home. Half the time she lets them con her into Mc Donald's for supper. The babysitter has worked out great so far! Blake and Bailey are both doing well in school. Allison, too. You know she keeps Zack on a short leash. Well, hang in there. We love you, you are awesome!! Kelly