Friday, February 9, 2007

Hello everyone. Today has had to be one of the tuffest days so far in rehab. It seemed the harder I tried the harder they pushed, but in the end it was worth it because I feel like I have more energy now than I did before my therapy session today. They have added a couple more acupuncture needles in each leg which feels good because I am starting to get a little more sensation in my legs. Only seven days left and man I can't wait to get home. Don't get me wrong now because the trip has been totally worth it, but I have some people back home that I can't wait to see. I was talking with my wife, Kelly, today at lunch which was about 9:30 p.m. her time and she is exhausted. Not only has she been taking care of our three children Blake-7yrs old, Bailey-5yrs old, and Allison-4yrs old who are all in school, play sports and been sick, but she is self-employed so she has had to keep up with all of her paperwork and clients as well as worrying about me over here. I talked about a couple of the other guys and their wives here in some of my earlier blogs and how their wives have been here supporting them, but you have no idea how much it means to me that Kelly stayed home to take care of things. I have been able to focus on my therapy much better knowing that she has been there to take care of our children and everything else. You see, she is one of the strongest women I have ever met when it comes to taking charge and getting things done. She has loved and supported me in everything that I have tried and done since my accident, even when my acting like a total idiot almost drove us apart and for that there is not enough room on this computer to put into words the love, thanks, and appreciation that I have for this woman. I ask that everyone keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Kelly-I love you forever, for always, and no matter what.

3 comments:

linder86 said...

Chuck -
It has been wonderful being able to be a part of this incredible experience. I admire you and Kelly both so much for your courage, strength, committment, and faith. Can't wait to see you when you return home and we will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.
Shane, Trish, Courtney & Nick Linder

MeGrEn said...

Hi Chuck.....
My name is Megren and iam interested in your blog ,, please add me this is my email. Because i will go to china for treatmemt.
m-aldalbahi@hotmail.com

chuck said...

Gosh, what have you done to my real husband? I didn't know you had that in you. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder. I love you too. It won't be long now. See you soon. Kelly