Thursday, February 15, 2007

Last Day

Hello everyone. What a crazy week it has been trying to get some last minute errands done! The whole trip has been absolutely worth it and I know that it could not have happened without the support of every person out there hoping and praying for us. We had a final dinner tonight with all of the friends we have made from all over the world from such places as Chile, Brazil, Canada, U.S.A., Turkey, Spain, & Hungary. All of these people hold a special place with us because we have been through this process together. It is sad to go, but man I can't wait to get home.
To all of the doctor's, nurses, and staff here at Nanshan Hospital I thank you for the care and treatment that I received here. To all the staff with Beike, thank you for your effort, hospitality, and your commitment in helping us with whatever we needed.
To anyone who is considering having this done, all I ask of you is to keep an open mind, research it heavily, ask many questions, and finally make sure that it feels right to you. To me has been totally worth it. Now I am not saying that I wasn't a little timid coming over, but deep down I knew it was the right thing because of everything that I had just mentioned along with a lot of prayers. I am not trying to preach at anyone who may not have a faith they believe in, but for me it truly came together when I turned it over to God and prayed. Like I said, it is your business what your faith may or may not be. All I am trying to tell you is what helped me the greatest to feel that this is the right thing to do. To everyone out there who is coming I hope and pray the best for you. To everyone out there who feels it is not right for you, I hope and pray the best for you as well.
I will continue to update the blog with the improvements I receive after I return home. Good night everyone.
Kelly - I love you and I'm coming home.

3 comments:

Tressa said...

Hey Chuck,
Have a safe trip home. I know your family misses you a lot. Send out some pictures of your trip when you get home. I am not sure you have my e-mail address so here it is... Tressamay29@charter.net ..... Be blessed!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Chuck,

Thanks for being such a great patient and working so hard. Also thank you for your dad for the same. I am no doctor but I have witnessed quite a few of these treatments and from what I have seen your recovery should continue to be quite good if you go back and continue to work hard. It would be great if when you go back you could get a rehab doctor to do an evaluation and then do another one in three months. Not sure if you will have the time, but please see what you can do. This type of documentation of improvement will help others out there to be able to make more informed decisions on whether to come out or not for treatment.

Do keep us up-to-date and I look forward to the Chicago Tribune article if does come out.

Thanks.

- Jon