Monday, February 12, 2007

Hello everyone. Rehab was especially fun today. The therapist was telling one of the ladies from the office that he is very pleased with my progress. I told her to tell him that I was very happy with the treatment that I received here and that I am thankful that he pushed me everyday to the limit (even beyond it somedays) so that I would do my best. I guess that was the wrong thing to say because he smiled and said try harder. I would have probably been in a fight if this was any other situation because there was pushing and shoving going on than ever before. After about 10 minutes of this sitting balance routine with me holding my arms out at shoulder level, I realized he wasn't going to quit until I did. He got his way, but not for about 5 more minutes because my arms felt like they weighed a hundred pounds each. He just smiled real big and said good job. Next time I'll just say thank you and leave it at that. Two of the head doctors are going to give me a final examination tomorrow to compare what I could feel and do when I arrived to what I can feel and do now. So lets pray those little toes are working good for them. I want to leave with a thank you to all of you who have been there to help out with Kelly, Blake, Bailey, & Allison. So many of you have sent letters, called, took them out to eat, brought food over, picked the kids up from school, spent time with them, gone out of your way for them and most importantly prayed for them. I don't think I can put into words all of the thoughts and emotions running through me knowing that you have been there for them. So as I hold back a few tears- from the very depths of my heart-Thank You. May God bless each and everyone of you.
Talk to everyone soon.

7 comments:

chuck said...

Sounds like you are just at home there, instead of me nagging you there are therapists to nag you. The kids are super excited that there is only 4 more days until Daddy comes home. They took the Business Week magazine to school cause they wanted to show everyone their Daddy. Bailey cried and cried this morning, for you and then Magger on the farm. There is a PTO meeting tonight at school so I might see if Bay can stay with Magger while I go to the meeting. All else is well. Good luck with the trip home. I'll be praying for you and everything to go smoothly. Love you bunches, Kelly

Shaun & Kendra said...

We are so excited for you! We have been praying for you, Kelly, the kids, and your progress since before you even left home. You guys really hold a special place in our hearts. It sounds like your progress is amazing! We can do all things through Him! We will continue to lift you guys up to Him. You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you travel home! We can't wait to see you!
Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Rachel said...

You are an inspiration to us all, Chuck. Keep up the hard work when you go home. Happy, safe and speedy journey back to your family.

Best Wishes from Down Under
Rachel & Garry Lane

chuck said...

Dear Dad, I think your legs are gettin' well. I want to go everywhere with you when you come home. I love you so much that I hardly can't wait til I pick you up. And we have some candy kisses for you. But, I might eat 'em. That's okay right? Now that's all. I gotta go play. Love, Allison

chuck said...

Honey, thank you for the beautiful flowers. I can't believe you remembered- tulips. I love them. That was very unexpected but, sweet. Happy Valentine's Day!!! I LOVE YOU! Kelly

chuck said...

Dear Dad, I miss you. Today was supposed to be my basketball game in Irvington, but no one was there. We didn't have school today so we did fun stuff with Mom. We played outside in the snow, mad snow angels, played with moon sand, play-doh, and we ate like alot of stuff. We had cinnamon rolls, pizza, and cereal. Be careful on your airplane on the way back to home. Mom is picking us up from school at lunchtime on Friday, so we can go to the airport with her. We are excited to see you, and Papa. We have a few surprises for you. Love, Blake

chuck said...

Dad, do you know who is your valentine? It is me. You are my valentine, too. I love you, I miss you a lot. Tell Papa I said, "Hi" and tell him he still has to take me to go see the big arch. I hope you are bringing back China toys for me. I will see you pretty soon, I hope you have a safe trip back home. Love, Bailey